Sunday, September 8, 2013

Who What Where Why... Theresa Turchin

When I decided to start a blog my first question to myself was???
1. What do I have to offer?
Answer: fashion, beauty and life advice.
Ok, why am I qualified to give such advice?
Brief History:
I had a dream to leave my little town in Connecticut and see the world so at 17 years old
I took a day trip to NYC to find a modeling agency who would make my dreams come true.
Ha Ha little did I know at the time that dreams rarely come true like that so being turned down by several agencies, I got to thinking, learned about what these agencies were looking for ( at the time very young looking girls that basically looked like "school girls") so I washed my face clean of any traces of makeup, pulled my hair back with two drug store barrettes, put on a pleated middie skirt and button down shirt. To make a long story short, Elite models signed me in about 5 minutes, I learned early on that you make your own luck in life, all by yourself no matter what path you choose.
 
That was circa 1982, and I've come a long way, surpassed any dream I could have thought up at seventeen years old, I have traveled the world as a model no less, (I'm just under 5'8") met and mingled with rock stars, politicians, dukes and duchesses, famous athletes, actors, been a singer/ songwriter in a band, a realtor, a fashion designer, a jewelry designer, and a finally a mom at forty four.

So Welcome To My I'm Not 20 Anymore!! Tune in to hear and hopefully learn some Fashion, Beauty, and Life Advice. That's me now in the corner right.
So

No comments:

Post a Comment