Thursday, November 7, 2013

Theresa Turchin Part 2 Tenacity Baby

I've been promising to post more parts of my personal history since starting this blog, and really that was only a couple months ago, as much as I've wanted to share I never wanted to sound full of myself or God forbid, yawn, boring, but just wanted to give a fun and factual overview of why I started this blog, (to share what Ive learned) and what my cred's are to be doing so.
Ok so here goes if you read my first blogpost ever you would know I was raised in a little town in Connecticut, Simsbury to be exact about 40 minutes outside Hartford and almost three hours outside   NYC. Looking back I can see now that I always had an entrepreneurial spirit, from corner lemonade stands, cookie stands, whatever I could sell stands, making the most of my weekly chores for $$ to fibbing about my age at fifteen (no one checked) and being hired as a waitress at a neighborhood Italian Eatery; I was terrible, constantly forgot orders since I was never taught a thing but had a great attitude, Big smile, and Farrah hair, I got amazing tips but then they found out how old I was and had to let me go since I was serving alcoholic beverages...oops.

I had a few more jobs, sales clerk at a local five and dime (yes a long time ago,the 1980's) and at a small mom and pop Drug Store, neither of these establishments exists today. It was only two years after my waitressing gig that I was signed with Elite Models in NYC. I NEVER  had a plan I just went with the flow and when opportunity presented itself I grabbed it and wouldn't let go.
I remember when I was sixteen, still in Connecticut I was trying to get some modeling test shots done so I could get a portfolio started, I called this local Hartford based photographer I found in the yellow pages (the book for searching way before google), I must have left five, six, seven messages and finally on the last call got a hold of him and we did some great pictures!

A year later after I was signed with Elite in NYC he booked me for a local catalog with a few other local girls and NYC models, I'll never forget the story he told all of us as we were doing our makeup in the dressing room about the little Simsbury girl that didn't leave him alone until she got her pictures, he praised my tenacity in front of everyone, I felt super proud and to this day always remember that moment and to never give up but keep trying and so far it's panned out pretty nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment