Thursday, March 12, 2015

NATURAL HELP For Contact Dermatitis

Ever since my son was born six years ago I started to have these weird dry patches on my fingers tips, palms and tops of my hands, sometimes on my elbows. It's been so bad that my finger tips have cracked and bled and often my hands are so uncomfortable it's hard to do much of anything without wearing cotton gloves.
I finally had an allergy test after my dermatologist Recomended that I very well might have an allergic reaction to something I'm using every day. Well it turns out I do and it's not an easy fix since I'm allergic to two main ingredients in most hand washes, shampoo's, body lotions, cleansers, dryer sheets and laundry detergents....really!! Oh and black dye mostly found in rubber products, including my steering wheel! So that's why my hand is red and swollen exactly where I hold the wheel, that makes sense now. This only took me six years to find out mind you.
So what's a girl to do now, and how do I find relief? 

B12 RICH FOODS

1.First off I threw or gave away all products containing the Allergic ingredient, I bought cotton lined mr clean rubber gloves for doing dishes and cleaning, an extra pair is for showering and shampooing my hair since I still haven't found a cleanser that dosent irritate my hands.
2. I bought half a dozen pairs of white cotton gloves I wear when my hands and fingers hurt to much to touch anything, always around the house and during my pilates class where I'm tugging on pully's that take a toll on my hands.
3. I have tried almost every natural oil and or emoilant out there from olive oil, emu oil, fresh aloe Vera, and so far unfiltered organic food grade coconut oil is working the best it's also has anti bacterial  properties so it keeps my hands clean, I use it about ten times a day, it's very greasy so I take extra time to thoroughly massage it in and wipe off the excess off which us great for your lips!
4. I've also been soaking my hands 2x a day in pure non perfumed Epsom salts and tepid water, this seems to be helping, I'm also going to buy some Dead Sea salts.
5. Eat a well balanced diet including a lot of B12 rich foods, there are some studies that show the diet plays a significant role in healing and treating contact dermatitis.
6. Some studies also show that apple cider vinegar which has antibacterial properties is good for contact dermatitis since it cleans the area and promotes healing; you use it straight from the bottle, if you have a cut it obviously will sting, I'm washing my hands with this a couple times a day, then air drying or blotting my hands dry.
7. I have also bought a faux sheepskin cover for my steering wheel, that is really hard to get used to so I'm trying to find a better solution or a better cover.


I hope this helps somewhat I will be offering more ideas as I go on, good luck and stay positive!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment