Monday, March 9, 2015

The BEST Of Coconut Oil



Coconut oil is one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.” Its unique combination of fatty acids can have profound positive effects on health. This includes fat loss, better brain function and various other amazing benefits including beauty uses.



I first bought coconut oil when my brother, a serious health conscious guy researched the benefits of coconut oil and alzheimer's disease, that runs in our family. I bought it and started to use it instead of olive oil and loved the flavor, I even spread it on toast like butter and found it to be delicious, it sounded weird but try it it's incredible.
 When I found out I had contact dermatitis and was allergic to some of the main ingredients in many moisturizers I started to use coconut oil and it didn't irritate my skin like almost every other oil or moisturizer had, I was becoming a true coconut advocate.

 

If you don't like the smell of coconut oil you will never like it, but if you love the smell like I do, its just glorious, I don't mind smelling like an exotic cocktail. I started to experiment by using it as a conditioner and my hair was so soft afterwards and less flyways too!

1. Heat up some water and add a teaspoon of coconut oil and mix well, Look for extra virgin that has not been hydrogenated, bleached, or refined in any way or [has] any fragrance or dyes added to it.

2. Put it in your hair after you shampoo and rinse, comb through and leave on for 5 to 15 minutes then rinse well.


"I also love it as a body scrub it works amazing at making my skin extremely smooth and dewy, and softens rough elbows miraculously."

3. Mix 4 tablespoon of very granulated raw sugar or regular sugar if you don't have the raw and about 6 tablespoons of coconut oil. Put the mixture in a glass container and cover for future use. This absolutely takes away the rough dry patches on my feet like nothing else.


"I've even used it to remove my eye makeup since my eyes are highly allergic to any eye makeup removers I've used, its amazing and doesn't sting a bit". 


Let me know if you have any other idea's and uses for coconut oil, even great recipes are welcome!
Woman Holding a Cracked Coconut

No comments:

Post a Comment