Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dressing Your Age?

What does Dressing Your Age mean anymore anyway?? In my moms day it meant one thing but today the lines are very blurred and often unclear. I think it's more about dressing for our body type, being realistic about what looks good on you, where your comfort level is, and confidence for that matter. I'm tired of old school " fashion horses " telling women what they should wear at what age, like anyone who's offending these bubble-living "Fashionisto's" would listen anyway. 
Before my son was born five years ago I worked out 3-4 days per week and was very, very confident about my body, I would wear tight skirts and body con style  dresses as de rigueur, today I won't. Don't get me wrong it's not because I'm a mom or something like that, it's because my muscle has turned softer than I like since I just haven't found the time for the gym in between raising our son, and growing our business with my husband. So I dress for my comfort level, I do try and eat pretty good and limit excess fats and so on, so I'm a skinny bitch but just not muscular, there will come a day when I go back to the gym, yoga, or Pilates, maybe when my son goes into kindergarten later this year, then You better believe I'll be wearing a body-con dress ( please God let them be in fashion then) leg baring shorts and skirts!! Hey if Tina Turner could do it in her 60's I can do it in my 40's and 50's!

This is me dressing for comfort and personal style, age 49.
My body ICON 

No comments:

Post a Comment