Sunday, September 29, 2013

Botox My Experience

I didn't have a child till I was over forty so I had a lot of extra time to spend on myself, that and maybe having been a model might explain the reason I started using Botox in my late thirties. Botox for use as a cosmetic procedure was very new and sounded a little scary and disconcerting injecting snake venom into your face even though it was obviously diluted to a minimum. But the chance of warding off wrinkles won and I guinea pigged my way into my dermatologists chair for the initial experience.

At thirty seven it was hard to tell a difference how well it worked but I remember liking that my forehead didn't move up an down, weird but true, also when I was around thirty eight a younger freind of mine commented that my forehead didn't have any wrinkles and was so smooth, "you have great skin she said", she was right I did and I quietly thanked her while avoiding the details, it was my little secret, for the time being anyway... Then all of a sudden Botox was in vogue, in fashion, in the news, in a lot of faces, my secret was out. 

I continued the injections in my forehead and around my eyes until I found out I was pregnant at forty two then again at forty three ( I miscarried then carried full term) I wasn't very nervous about the time without the injections since mother nature pretty much helped out with the forty pounds I gained while pregnant, turned out the extra pounds were great at plumping out my wrinkles, I actually looked younger than ever while pregnant at forty three.
I didn't go back to Botox for almost two years after the birth of our son, and have now returned in full swing every four months or so, we just added the neck as a new area to freeze. I've noticed in pictures recently that my neck was starting to look strange, stringy, and old, luckily my dermatologist had the answer, hmm, I'm still not convinced so I took some before and after pictures to see if I would be able to see a difference.

 
I think I look fresher but not altogether changed or frozen since my dermatologist in Miami, Martin N Zaiac is wonderful at giving me a natural non alien or plastic look that obviously some dermatologists favor, very scary! 
In my twenties I said I would age naturally, in my thirties I said I may or may not try any age related cosmetic procedure, in my forties I do and will try some procedures but only at a minimum, because as much as I want to look young I don't want to look weird or alien, what a fine line this is to cross but I know it's possible, as these women prove to be true, obviously as celebrities they have tweaked this and that, but still look "natural", if we even know what that looks like anymore on a women over forty???

1 comment:

  1. It’s good to hear that you enjoyed your experience with Botox, and that you were satisfied with the results. Botox can be helpful in rejuvenating the skin. But in my opinion, the key to having a successful session is having a reliable dermatologist that knows the safe and up-to date facial cosmetic surgery procedures in the business.

    Cordell Legaspi @ Baltimore Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center

    ReplyDelete