Thursday, September 12, 2013

Making Black Work For You


I used to literally live in black, black leggings, black t shirts, a black tuxedo jacket, black leather booties, black tights, and a black carry all. I looked chic, I was 20 years old and living and working in Paris as a model in the Fashion Capitol of the world. Today if I tried that same look I would look ridiculously harsh not just because of the all black in itself but because I live in Miami and only visiting New Yorkers, ex New Yorkers, or wanna be New Yorkers wear all black here.

My closet has slowly evolved over my years in Miami and color is very apparent in shades of blue, coral, whites, grey, pink, and last but not least black, less than 25% of the total! Unheard of in my 20's.
Black is back and in a Big way...I am so excited ( did it ever go anywhere?).

What blacks will I be adding to my wardrobe this season?
1. Black sexy pumps
2. Black lacy bra & panties (my hubby will be thrilled)
3. Black leather booties
4. Black Cape (hope I don't look like a vampire)
5. Black mini (not too short) leather skirt 
6. Black skinny leather pants
7. Black wax coated skinny jeans
8. Black slim tailored trouser
9. Black t's, I can never have enough
10. Black Clutch, I already have a beautiful black balenciaga tote. 

Some of my favorite and real- life black looks for the season







No comments:

Post a Comment