Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hair Cuts That Flatter....Us!

I remember when I was 29 years old I said to myself when I turn 30 I'm lopping my past the shoulder length hair off to just above shoulder length since that is an appropriate length for my age......WHAT was I thinking!! I didn't do it Thank God because I really love my long hair, I keep it colored and trimmed regularly so it's bouncy and shiny and Damed if I do I may keep it this way for another decade!
So what hair length and cuts flatter not 20 year olds?
This depends on 2 factors.
1. Face shape
2. Lifestyle...that's it!!

If you work in a corporate office on a weekly basis you obviously need polished hair, not sexy or pastel colored, that makes sense. If you are a freelance writer you have more options and freedom,
A doctor needs to look professional, A mom with young kids needs flexibility; whatever your lifestyle, your hair style needs to work with, Not the other way around.

Face Shapes: Usually round, and heart shaped faces look great with almost any length hair, except  maybe super short, square faces look great with short hair and most every other length. Long faces typically look best with bobs of all lengths, mid length styles, short hair and extra long hair will draw a long face down. I have a long face and wear my hair past my shoulders so I have my stylist Draco from Hair Dragon Salon in Miami cut wispy pieces in the front to add some softness. 

I included a picture of myself below along with some hair-styles I love that are flattering, cool and somewhat easy to pull off! Please share your ideas for great flattering cuts!!










No comments:

Post a Comment